It really is as good as it looks and it can be ready in 15 minutes!
If you have a chocolate or sweet craving then this is one seriously healthy version of it, just make sure you use raw cacao (versus the processed version which is cocoa) as cacao has number of benefits such as:
- High amount of antioxidants to protect against free radicals
- A great plant-based source of iron
- High amount of magnesium and calcium
- A natural mood enhancer
- 2 avocados
- 1/4 cup raw cacao
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or less depending on your desired sweetness)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Shredded/desiccated coconut to sprinkle on top
- Place all ingredients for the mousse into a food processor and mix together until you have a smooth and creamy mousse.
- Place into a bowl or glass to set in the fridge for about 15 minutes.
- Serve with a sprinkling of shredded/desiccated coconut. If you have an extra 5-10 minutes to quickly toast the coconut do this – you won’t be sorry!
- I also add fresh strawberries or cherries on top.
Let me know if you try it