Why Chia seeds are so good for YOU!
- Chia seeds are incredibly easy to incorporate into your diet.
- The seeds themselves taste rather bland, so you can add them to pretty much anything.
- They also don’t need to be ground like flax seeds, which makes them much easier to prepare.
- They can be eaten raw, soaked in juice, added to porridges and puddings, or added to baked goods.
- You can also sprinkle them on top of cereal, yogurt, vegetables or rice dishes.
- Because of their ability to absorb both water and fat, they can be used to thicken sauces and even used as egg substitutes in recipes.
- They can also be mixed with water and turned into a gel.
- Adding chia seeds to recipes will dramatically boost the nutritional value.
Chia seeds contain:
- They also contain a decent amount of Zinc, Vitamin B3 (Niacin), Potassium, Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) and Vitamin B2.
Healthy Chia breakfast Idea
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds\
- ¾ cup of milk, coconut milk, almond milk or something similar
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries or mixed berries
Combine ingredients in bowl & place in fridge overnight.
Next morning the mixture will be a pudding consistency, stir and top with anything you like eg. Banana, chopped apple or pear, shredded coconut, chopped nuts and coconut yoghurt.
Download my favourite Chocolate Chia Pudding Recipe.
Make sure you let me know if you loved it. I use coconut milk with mine. It’s divine!