Mother nature is really amazing. Full Stop!
It’s no secret that food can harm or heal you but you can’t tell just by looking at it. There are superfood fruits all over the world that are so unusual, it is almost like mother nature tried to disguise it’s nutritious or medicinal benefits.Thankfully there were people who were brave enough to try some of these really unusual fruits for the first time and through the magic of scientific research or the quest for next big thing, we are now hearing about them.
I wonder how people first discovered whether a particular food was good or bad?
Who were these brave guinea pigs and who asked them to do it while they made observations?
Did it go a little like this…
Hey there, want to try this fruit called the Susun Kelapa fruit?
Careful don’t eat the leaves they contain latex and are used to make poison darts!
What does it taste like? Overwhelmingingly bitter. OK. OK keep eating it.
Are you feeling alright? OK. Good!
Now go about your day and let me know if helps you in any unusual ways such as perhaps treating dissentry or malaria, maybe experiment with balancing your hormones or help you cope with labour pain. OK awesome.
I watched a series of Youtube videos about, Fruits You Have Never Heard Of by Earth Titan. It is a 13 part series about fruit that all have two things in common, they are unusual in sight or taste but they have incredible health benefits.
Please keep in mind that Youtube videos may contain advertising. One of them mentioned manscaping while they shaved coconuts. Apologies in advance but these videos are really interesting regardless of the advertising content.
Enjoy learning something new every day. Let me know if you have tried any of these.
Love and health,
Ali & Jenny xo
- 10. Salak Fruit
- 9. Buddha’s Hand
- 8. Wood Apple
- 7. Gac Fruit
- 6. Jabuticaba
- 5. Lakoocha.
- 4. Miracle Berry
- 3. Strawberry Tree Fruit (Arbutus Unedo)
- 2. Hala Fruit
- 1. Ackee Fruit
- 10.Aguaje Fruit / Moriche palm fruit
- 9. Pepino
- 7. Mamoncillo
- 6.Bambangan Fruit
- 5.Tarap / Marang
- 4.Cacao Fruit
- 3.Cashew Apple
- 1.Monstera deliciosa
- 10. Cherimoya
- 9. Rollinia
- 8. Sugar Apple
- 7. PawPaw
- 6. Atemoya or Custard Apple.
- 5. Soursop or Guanabana.
- 4. Kepel Apple
- 3. Pond Apple
- 2. Marolo
- 10. Sapodilla
- 9. Durian
- 8. Tamamoro
- 7. Prickly Pear
- 6. White Currant
- 5. Hami Melon
- 4. Thai Banana
- 3. Loquat
- 2. Palmyra Fruit
- 1. Achacha
- 10. Ice cream bean
- 9. Kelsey plum fruit – Green Plum
- 8. Peruvian Apple Cactus Fruit
- 7. Summer Punch Pluot
- 6. Golden Kiwi
- 5. Green Mango
- 4. Che
- 3. Egg Fruit
- 2. Surinam cherry
- 1. Peanut Butter Fruit –
- 10. The Australian Blood Lime
- 9. Jackfruit
- 8. Golden Berry
- 7. Dinosaur Plum
- 6. Yellow Watermelon.
- 5. Red Fleshed Apple
- 4. Pangium Edule
- 3. Golden Melon
- 2. Breadfruit Bread
- 1. Bilimbi fruit Tree sorrel, cucumber tree or Bilimbi fruit
- 10. Barbadine
- 9. Calamansi Lime
- 8. Dogfruit
- 7. Green banana
- 6. Donut Peach.
- 5. Guamuchil
- 4. Ugli Fruit
- 3. Starfruit
- 2. Bintawa
- 1. Chocolate Vine
- 10.King Coconut.
- 9. Pandanus conoideus
- 8. Wanyi fruit
- 7. Velvet Apple
- 6. Calligonum Junceum.
- 5. Quince
- 4. Hog Plum | Jocote (Spondias purpurea)
- 3. Garambullo Fruit This Mexican cactus fruit sometimes called Mexican cranberry
- 2. Noni Fruit.
- 1.Chocolate Pudding fruit Diospyros nigra or the black sapote
- 10 . Cotton fruit (Sandoricum koetjape)
- 9. Java Plum (Syzygium cumini)
- 8. Rambutan (Nephelium lappaceum)
- 7. Tigger Melon.
- 6. Dragon fruit (Hylocereus undatus)
- 5. Finger Lime (Citrus australasica).
- 4. Tayberry (Rubus fruticosus x R. idaeus).
- 3. Naranjilla (Solanum quitoense).
- 2. Keledang (Artocarpus lanceifolius)
- 1. Kesusu (Prainea limpato)
- 10. Pineberry (Fragaria ananassa)
- 9. Kerson Fruit (Muntingia calabura)
- 8. Milk Apple – Star Apple (Chrysophyllum cainito)
- 7. Cascade Oregon-grape (Mahonia aquifolium)
- 6.Mangosteen (Garcinia mangostana)
- 5. Langsat (Lansium parasiticum)\
- 4. Namnam fruit (Cynometra cauliflora)
- 3. Pacific Crap Apple (Malus fusca)
- 2. Borojo Fruit (Alibertia patinoi)
- 1. Porcelain Berry (Ampelopsis brevipedunculata)
- 10.Callicarpa Americana – Beautyberry
- 9. Artocarpus hypargyreus – Kwai muk
- 8.Calamus manillensis – Rattan Fruit
- 7. Quandong (Elaeocarpus) Edible
- 6. Maclura pomifera – Osage orange
- 5. Santa Claus Melon
- 4.Kiwi berry
- 3. Symphoricarpos – Snowberry
- 2. Malus ‘Jan Kuperus’ – Jan Kuperus Crab Apple
- 1.Nutmeg Fruit
- 10. Chilean Guava (Ugni molinae)
- 9. Korean Melon (Cucumis melo L. variety makuwa)
- 8. Amla (Phyllanthus emblica)
- 7. Coco de Mer (Lodoicea maldivica)
- 6. White Sapote (Casimiroa edulis)
- 5. Jumbo Blueberry
- 4. Plumier’s Bromelia (Bromelia Karatas)
- 3. Nance Fruit (Byrsonima crassifolia)
- 2. Golden Honeydew
- 1. Magnolia Fruit (Magnolia grandiflora)
- 10. Cat Poop Berry (Viburnum Brandywine)
- 9. Pudu (Artocarpus Kemando) Reuben Lim
- 8. Susun Kelapa (Tabernaemontana pauciflora)
- 7. Hicaco / coco plum (Chrysobalanus icaco)
- 6. Rambai (Baccaurea motleyana)
- 5. Cabbage Bark Fruit (Andira inermis)
- 4. Barhi Date
- 3. Asian Pear (Pyrus pyrifolia)
- 2. Coffee Berry (Frangula californica)
- 1. Annatto | Achiote | Lipstick Fruit (Bixa orellana)