A complete protein, with all nine essential amino acids, and a wonderful wheat-free alternative. High in dietary fibre, low GI, anti-inflammatory with omega-3 fatty acids.
- 2 cups spinach (or kale, finely chopped)
- 500 grams potatoes
- 1 cup quinoa (cooked)
- 1⁄4 cup coconut milk (almond or rice milk can be substituted)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons oil (coconut oil or olive oil)
- Preheat the oven to 210C/425F degrees.
- Peel & cut the potatoes into 1 inch cubes. Steam or boil until soft. Drain.
- Mash the potatoes.
- Once the lumps are gone, add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper
- Using a tablespoon, form into 1 inch balls.
- Drop onto baking paper lined tray. Spray with oil if desired.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Turn the balls and bake for another 15 minutes.
Total Fat 4g
Saturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 12g
Dietary Fibre 2g
Thank you to Victus Nutrition for this recipe