Sweet potato is rich in essential vitamins and minerals and is one versatile vegetable. Loaded with antioxidants such as carotenoids, which are precursors to vitamin A in your body. Vitamin A is essential for healthy eyes, boosted immunity and protects you against the effects of aging.
(use organic where possible)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1 large sweet potato, chopped and boiled
- ½ cup almond meal
- ½ cup of organic grated cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (170°C).
- Mash the boiled sweet potato.
- In a large bowl lightly beat 2 eggs, adding in grated ginger, chili, salt, and pepper as you continue to whisk.
- Stir through coconut cream, then fold through the mashed sweet potato and almond meal until well combined.
- You can also add organic grated cheese.
- Divide mixture evenly into muffin trays and bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until nice and brown and cooked through.
- Serve topped with fresh leafy greens, avocado and a drizzle of natural yogurt.
- Top with a poached egg if you want to take to the next level.
Thank you FMTV